This was another great weekend for TV with two of my favourite shows, Merlin and Once Upon a Time both turning in solid episodes – Merlin in particular. I don’t want to spoil too much of it, but it was one of the best episodes the show has ever produced. The best part is when Merlin confronts Uther! It was a scene we’ve all been waiting for since the show started, tbh. Then over on Once we got to meet Captain Hook, who promises to be a worthy adversary for everyone’s favourite antihero Rumplestiltskin.
All this great fiction softened the blow when reality became a bit of a let down at Skate America, where I saw a few of my favourite skaters falter (though there were rousing victories too.)
With that in mind, this week’s playlist will consist of songs that you should listen to when you need to be reminded of how much you’re capable of. Songs that make you feel… unlimited.
Weekly Playlist #5: On With the Show
1. “What You Want” – Evanescence: “I’m everything you can’t control”
2. “Die Another Day” – Madonna: “I’ll die another day, it’s not my time to go.”
3. “Defying Gravity” – Wicked soundtrack: “I’m through with playing by the rules of someone else’s game.”
4. “The Show Must Go On” – Queen: “Inside my heart is breaking, my makeup may be flaking but my smile still stays on.”
5. “Leverage” – Lyriel: “I will carry on to do what I must do.”
6. “April Rain” – Delain: “Count your blessings and prepare to change your point of view.”
7. “Gives You Hell” – All-American Rejects: “When you hear this song I hope that it will give you hell.”
8. “Sweet Sacrifice” – Evanescence: “Fear is only in our minds.”
9. “Stand My Ground” – Within Temptation: “I won’t give in, I won’t give up.”
10. “Shake It Out” – Florence + the Machine: “It’s hard to dance with the devil on your back, so shake him off.”